11 The Dalai Lama, Spiritual Leader
(4) He is a living symbol of inspiration, love and grace in the world. His voice matters.
12 Bill Gates, Philanthropist
(24) He changes the world with his foundation and his capital of 50.7 billion USD. He is a hero.
13 Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Politician
(8) She is a shooting star in the US political scene, and she has set out to change the country. This change is long overdue.
14 Boyan Slat, Founder of Ocean Cleanup
(NEW) He is a Dutch inventor who aims to clean plastic from the oceans. Bravo.
15 Ian Cheng, Video Artist
(18) He is a cognitive scientist who creates new ecosystems, and he is a new star in the art scene.
16 Richard Branson, Visionary
(14) He is the most innovative entrepreneur of our time, and he raises the bar as a philanthropist.
17 Brie Larson, Oscar Winner
(NEW) The Avengers: Endgame star and women’s rights activist is a role model for many.
18 Joaquin Phoenix, Actor
(NEW) One of Hollywood’s most accomplished actors, he climbed to new performative heights in Joker.
19 A. Schwarzenegger, America’s Conscience
(3) As a former green governor, he is now Trump’s moral opponent. He’s back.
20 Jérôme Jarre, Influencer and Aid Worker
(NEW) He is an entrepreneur and a social media star who fights famine in Somalia.
21 Christy Turlington, Every Mother Counts
(NEW) The ex-supermodel is raising awareness to alleviate birth complications. Impressive.
22 Yayoi Kusama, Artist
(NEW) Japans most important artist, she now has her own museum in Tokyo.
23 Bansky, Artist
(12) He holds a mirror to the art market and surprises us over and over again with his artistic statements.
24 Dean Baquet, Head of The New York Times
(29) A beacon of hope against fake news, he is the most important journalist in the world.
25 Ai Weiwei, Artist
(NEW) China’s most powerful artist, human rights activist and dissident. He is the best.
26 Alessandro Michele, Gucci Designer
(15) The most innovative designer of our time, he brought Gucci back as the most sought-after brand.
27 Emmanuelle Charpentier, Geneticist
(17) She invented the pair of genetic scissors CRISPR/Cas9, which revolutionized the medical world.
28 Glenn D. Lowry, Moma Director
(NEW) He heads one of the most important museums in the world and is investing a billion dollars. Amazing.
29 Oprah Winfrey, The Voice of America
(65) She is a TV host and entrepreneur who has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to charitable causes.
30 Milo Runkle, Animal Rights Advocate, Vegetarian
(NEW) Founded Mercy For Animals, one of the major animal rights organizations in the USA.
31 Anish Kapoor, Sculptor
(NEW) He created gigantic sculptures for the Olympic Games as well as for operas and museums. A Sir.
32 Koo Jeong A, Artist
(NEW) She has reinvented room concepts since the 1990s. A visionary.
33 Roger D. Nelson, Scientist
(16) This Princeton professor proved that a global consciousness exists. We are one.
34 Elizabeth Diller, US Architect
(NEW) She planned New York’s new High Line, and she is the most important designer of public spaces.
35 Sister Lucy Kurien, Maher Founder
(82) She has given a home to thousands of Indian street children with her charitable organization. A true heroine.
36 Prince Charles, Successor to the Crown
(25) He has been active in numerous charities around the world while (still) waiting for the throne.
37 Joshua Wong, Activist
(NEW) He is the central speaker for the protesters in Hong Kong, and the face of a freedom movement.
38 Anselm Kiefer, Global Art Star
(NEW) He received an award for intercultural understanding and tolerance from the Jewish Museum and gave an incredible speech.
39 Emilia Clarke, Actress
(NEW) She became a superstar as Khaleesi on Game of Thrones and is also a women’s rights activist.
40 Rem Koolhaas, Architect
(NEW) This visionary architect recently turned 75. His ideas have influenced urban planning around the world.