11 Patrisse Cullors, Black Lives Matter
(NEW) The amazing performance artist and activist co-initiated Black Lives Matter. World changing.
12 Sister Lucy Kurien, Maher founder
(35) Helps thousands of children off the streets in India. A heroine.
13 Dalai Lama, Spiritual leader
(11) A symbol of inspiration, love, and kindness in the world. More important than ever.
14 Pope Francis, Pontifex Maximus
(7) Leading man of faith. Leads the Catholic church into the future, a source of strength in these times of crisis.
15 Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
(NEW) In the crisis, Walker allotted one billion dollars, raised with bonds, to charity work. A man with a far-reaching vision. Top.
16 Christian Drosten, Virologist
(NEW) Set the foundation for coronavirus measures with his research. A communicator.
17 Bill Gates, Philanthropist
(12) With funds of 50.7 billion USD, his foundation changes the world. A hero.
18 Kate Raworth, Economist
(NEW) Developed Doughnut Economics as a formula for a better world. Her model, describing how societies and businesses can contribute to economic development while still respecting the limits of the planet, is adopted by cities such as Amsterdam. Visionary.
19 Lewis Hamilton, Race car driver
(54) Formula One champion. Actively supports #BlackLivesMatter and children. Hero.
20 Alessandro Michele, Gucci designer
(26) The most innovative designer in the world today; made Gucci the most in-demand brand.
21 Banksy, Artist
(23) Holds up a mirror to the art market. Keeps surprising with new interventions.
22 Nipun Mehta, Founder of ServiceSpace
(70) United inspirational leaders from all over the world at Gandhi 3.0. in India, an event of global significance.
23 Michel Rojkind, Architect
(NEW) Creates visionary, impressively beautiful buildings that change Mexico.
24 Angela Merkel, German Chancellor
(Re-Entry) A rock in turbulent waters, sensible leadership in times of Corona.
25 Anselm Kiefer, Global art star
(38) Created an installation at the Panthéon in Paris, commissioned by President Macron. Epic.
26 Valie Export, Artist
(NEW) A provocative force even at the age of 80. Exhibitions in Baden-Baden and Linz.
27 Greta Thunberg, Activist
(1) Covid-19 pushed her off the magazine covers, but she remains a vital pioneer.
28 Ervin Laszlo, Club of Budapest
(95) Science philosopher, creator of the “Source of Wonder” online event, featuring visionaries of our time.
29 Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Author
(10) She wrote the screenplays for “Fleabag,” “Crashing” and the new Bond movie. In high demand.
30 Josef Penninger, Geneticist
(Re-Entry) Is developing a Covid-19 treatment, will file for approval in February 2021. A pioneer.
32 Georg Baselitz, Artist
(NEW) One of the most important artists of our time; gave German art an identity.
33 Lady Gaga, Singer
(Re-Entry) Sang with Ariana Grande; garners rave reviews in Las Vegas. Pop at its finest.
34 Renzo Rosso, DIESEL founder
(60) Built a global brand with DIESEL. Now aims to change the way we live.
35 Hans Ulrich Obrist, Art curator
(41) The director of Serpentine Galleries London; communicates art to an audience of millions.
36 Koo Jeong A, Artist
(32) Has re-invented spatial concepts since the 1990s. Transformed a gallery inside the Triennale Milano museum 2020 into a fluorescent skatepark installation titled “OooOoO” . Visionary.
37 Richard Branson, Entrepreneur
(16) The most innovative entrepreneur of our time; sets the bar as philanthropist.
38 Chris Milk, Music video director and entrepreneur
(NEW) Visionary innovator and artist. Developed “Supernatural,” one of the year’s best apps, for Virtual Reality.
39 Hito Steyerl , Video artist
(Re-Entry) Hits the nerve of our time with her films and installations. A power woman.
40 Mariana Mazzucato, Economic scientist
(NEW) Advisor to Bill Gates, the Pope, and Presidents, aims to change capitalism. Visionary.